Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Great Lesson

Our lesson with Carolyn yesterday was fabulous. She eased my mind that Mattie is at just the right point in her training for her age, and gave me some things to work on before tackling the canter again (rhythm at the W/T, acceptance of bridle at W/T, work on canter on the longe with side reins to improve balance, etc). She rode Mattie for a few minutes and Mattie was confused...told her that Colleen had been on her once, but other than that, she was only the second person to be on Mattie's back besides me...Carolyn was surprised to hear that and complimented me on the work I had done with her so far (which was really nice to hear). Didn't ride today, went to the Detroit Tigers game yesterday and I'm still a bit tired from that! But definately back at it tomorrow with Cheryl!

No comments: