Monday, June 2, 2008

Updates

I know I know, shame on me for not posting for so long. The horse show on May 24 was a success. We came home with two blue ribbons, one second, and one third...not too shabby for our second time out (and a slew-foot that just turned four on May 14!). We rode the two USDF Intro tests, scored 64% on Test A and 60.5% on Test B. Also rode the two GLASS-ED (our local USDF GMO) tests, scored 62% on Test 1 and 61.3% on Test 2. Some good comments were "lovely steady mover", "elegant horse", and solids 7's on gaits. The main thing that they wanted to see us work on was better flexion and bend to the right (she has developed a marked stiffness in that direction). I plan on waiting to make another public appearance until we are solid at the canter and ready to do Training Level (hopefully sometime in July!). I have been working Mattie on the longe at the canter, starting to develop her balance, some work with side reins at the trot (not quite strong enough for SR at the canter yet). No attempt at the canter under saddle since the launching incident a few weeks ago, planning on having someone longe me at the canter before we try it again loose (I know, I'm a wimp, but hitting the ground hurt!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jen and Mattie! You guys were great!!!